Forgot Your Password?
- Go to Password Recovery web page.
- Enter your userID and an external email address, then click Next.
- If those two things match data on the identity, a password reset message will be sent to the supplied email address.
- Log into your external email address, open the password reset message and click on the provided link.
The provided link will prompt you to a new window where you will need to create a new password according to the guidelines. If the password meets the requirements, your password will reset.
If you cannot remember an external email address, or if you are a staff or faculty in need of password assistance, contact email@example.com or the IST Service Desk in the Davis Centre Library.
Where do I go to check my email?
- To check your University of Waterloo email from any computer:
- Log in with your WatIAM userID (your Quest userID) and your Nexus or WatIAM password (these are the same passwords in all but a few cases).
How do I connect to the wireless network on campus?
- Choose the eduroam network.
- Authenticate with
- userID@uwaterloo.ca (replace userID with your WatIAM userID)
- Your Quest / WatIAM password.
- If you are still unable to connect:
- See Information Systems & Technology's (IST) eduroam page with full instructions for Mac and Windows computers.
- If you don't have a Quest / WatIAM userID or a valid userID at another eduroam institution, you may be able to obtain a guest account through NetID to access eduroam. Please see IST's page on connecting to eduroam for more information.
I need help with a certain software program
The ACO can assist with some software programs. There are also other options available through Information Systems and Technology (IST).
- IST offers students LinkedIn Learning accounts. LinkedIn Learning is a website which offers thousands of quality training videos on a number of different software programs.
- There may be a support person available at UWaterloo for the particular program you need help with. IST provides a list of contacts for specific applications.