Waterloo Identity and Access Management (WatIAM) credentials are required to authenticate to the wireless network. Students, staff, and faculty with a WatIAM account will have access to the eduroam network.
On this page
- Eduroam Connection Guides
- Connect using the eduroam Configuration Assistant Tool
- Eduroam Troubleshooting Guides
Eduroam Connection Guides
- How to connect to the eduroam wireless network (Android)
- How to connect to the eduroam wireless network (iOS - iPhone/iPad)
- How to connect to the eduroam wireless network (Windows 10)
- How to connect to the eduroam wireless network (Mac)
- How to connect to the eduroam wireless network (Linux - Ubuntu)
- How to connect to the eduroam wireless network (BlackBerry)
If your device is not listed above, please try configuring your device with the following settings:
- Network SSID: eduroam
- Network authentication method: WPA2 Enterprise
- Data encryption method: AES
- Authentication method: Protected EAP (PEAP)
- Inner authentication (or Phase 2 Authentication): MSCHAPv2
CA Certificate: GlobalSignRootCA - R3
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: Your WatIAM password
Connect using the eduroam Configuration Assistant Tool
The eduroam Configuration Assistant Tool can be used to configure eduroam on most computers (e.g. Windows, MacOS, Linux).
- Download the eduroam configuration assistant tool from: http://cat.eduroam.org/. Click the button at the bottom of the page.
- In the pop-up window, select 'University of Waterloo' as your organization.
- You will be redirected to the page shown below. Click the 'Download your eduroam installer' button to download the tool.
- In the 'Enter your username' pop-up window, click Continue. Your download will start automatically.
Click on the downloaded installer to run the installation. Follow the installation prompts and enter your WatIAM credentials. Once you have entered your credentials, you should be able to connect to eduroam.
Password: enter your UW login password
Eduroam Troubleshooting Guides
- How to remove a network profile (Windows)
- How to remove a network profile (Mac OS)
- How to remove a network profile (iOS)
- How to remove a network profile (Android)