- Install the AnyConnect app from Google Play, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cisco.anyconnect.vpn.android.avf.
- Agree to the License agreement and say OK to the security warning and app permissions.
- Open the AnyConnect app.
- Tap on Connections.
- Tap Description. Enter in a name for your connection UWVPN, and then tap OK.
- Tap Server Address.
- Type sever address name: cn-vpn.uwaterloo.ca
- Tap Done.
- Click Advanced Preferences and tap on UWVPN.
- Turn AnyConnect VPN ON.
- Enter your WatIAM username and password.
Two-factor authentication (2FA) will be required in order to connect to the VPN starting November 3, 2020. In the 'Second Password' field, enter one of the following, then click Connect.
- For Duo Mobile push: enter 'push'
- For Duo hardware token or Duo app: enter your 6-digit code
- For Duo Bypass code: enter your bypass code
- For Yubikey: enter the code generated by touching the Yubikey