- Download the Cisco AnyConnect app from the App Store.
- To add a VPN connection you can click on the second row that says “Connections”
- Input cn-vpn.uwaterloo.ca for server address then hit save.
- Select Allow when a pop up asks if you would like to add VPN configurations.
- You will then be prompted to put in your phone passcode
- You will be re-directed to the screen below. To connect to the VPN you need to switch the AnyConnect VPN section on (move it to the right).
- A window will pop up. Enter your WatIAM credentials
Two-factor authentication (2FA) will be required in order to connect to the VPN starting November 3, 2020. In the 'Second Password' field, enter one of the following.
- For Duo Mobile push: enter 'push'
- For Duo hardware token or Duo app: enter your 6-digit code
- For Duo Bypass code: enter your bypass code
- For Yubikey: enter the code generated by touching the Yubikey
- It should now be connected and the screen should look like this: