The University of Waterloo has obtained an expanded campus license for MATLAB until September 2021. All faculty, researchers, students, and staff are eligible to download and install Matlab on their personally-owned computers, university-issued computers, or use Matlab Online in a web browser. Please note that commercial use of MathWorks products is not covered by our Campus-Wide License; if you are using a commercial license, please continue to do so.
To download or use MATLAB online:
- Go to the University of Waterloo’s MATLAB Portal.
- Click 'Sign in to get started' under the Get MATLAB and Simulink section.
- If you have an existing MathWorks account (set up with your uwaterloo.ca email), use your firstname.lastname@example.org email address to log in.
- If you do not have an existing MathWorks account, or your MathWorks account was not set up with a email@example.com email address, create an account using your @uwaterloo.ca email address.
Once your account is set up, you will be linked to our MATLAB license and will be able to:
- Download and activate software on your personal computer.
- Start using MATLAB Online from a Web browser without installing anything.
Where can I learn more?
- Access free, self-paced training to get started in less than 2 hours: MATLAB Onramp.
- If you have trouble installing MATLAB, go to the MATLAB Portal and click 'Need Installation Help' to get support.
Help and Support:
Please contact IST (email rt-ist-CSSoftware@rt.uwaterloo.ca) for the following support:
- Campus IT administrators with labs/managed computers
- Alternate activation methods, such as a shared computer that needs a standalone license
- Anyone who needs to be added to a specialized license (Parallel Server, Roadrunner, etc)
Mathworks has a comprehensive Knowledge Base for other help articles: