Transcripts for WebEx Recordings
- Recording transcripts are now enabled for recordings in WebEx Meetings and WebEx Events.
- A transcript for new recordings will generate automatically while the recording is generated (must use Record in Cloud during meeting).
- It may take longer to generate the transcript than it does the recording (both may take up to 24 hours).
- The transcript file works with any video player that can display subtitles.
Downloading the Transcript for a WebEx Recording
- Log in to uwaterloo.webex.com.
- Click on the Recordings page from the sidebar on the left.
- Click the download button for the desired recording.
- If a transcript is available, the following window will pop up.
- Click Download which saves the file(s) to your downloads folder.
Playing WebEx Recording with Transcript in Windows 10
- Go to your computer’s downloads folder and find the recording file and transcript file.
- Double click the recording file to play recording.
- Pause and click the audio/subtitles button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Click “Choose subtitle file”.
- Navigate again to your downloads folder in the new window.
- Select the transcript file and click Open.